Search This Blog

Sunday, January 1, 2012

The Cliche New Year Start-UP

Woke-up to a sunny Sunday. The spring like atmosphere inspired a long walk. It was also a way for me to avoid unloading the car full of junk I bought yesterday. Normally I cannot wait to drag it all into our patio to wash and sort it but I hesitated. I always have a project. I have ideas about everything. Unfortunately I accumulate more projects than I have time for and they pileup. The result: a few great projects get completed. Everything else remains a dream committed to wait for me in the garage.

New Year's Resolution

1.  Inventory Purchases
  • Photograph treasures as they arrive. 
  • Record date and purchase price as part of individual photo names.
  • Allocate items to specific future projects.
  • Purge items (at least annually) to make room for new finds.
2.  Project Completion
  • Complete at least one project a month.
3.  The Blog
  • Share trials, errors and success stories with others.
  • Get help and inspiration from others when I run low on ideas/motivation.
  • Accountability: What am I really doing with my time? Can this become an outlet for my talents?

It sounds simple. Yesterday's purchases were relatively few compared to my usual haul. Easy right? But for this to work I will have to evaluate the existing contents of my garage, which will be no small task. (Did I mention it is two stories of treasures?)

The goal is to have everything organized, allocated and purged before we move. Our new home is still undergoing a much needed rehab. Working with my carpenter can be a full-time job. Then there is design, purchasing and problem-solving. The objective is to have the other house completely finished before we move in.

Share the journey!

Bon Journee

No comments:

Post a Comment