Search This Blog

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Walmart - A Good Place to Pickup Stuff!

I had afternoon duty at the office and worked late trying to get marketing materials ready for Saturday's Open House. It is dark by the time Marston and I start placing the directional signs advertising the Open House. We get home and I still needed supplies, so I drop Marston back at the house. I am pulling into Walmart when my phone rings. It is Marston.

He asks, "What are you thinking about for dinner?"

Honestly I had forgotten all about dinner. "I don't know?"

"Pickup a rotisserie chicken when you are at Walmart."

"Okay!"

I get to Walmart and rush around getting what I needed. Unfortunately they don't have everything which means my next stop is Staples. It is already after eight o'clock - can I make it in time? I rush to the checkout. Luck is on my side there are still some chickens left. I grab the chicken and get in line. I am going to make it to Staples before they close.

So there I am standing in line with my office supplies and chicken when the guy in front of me turns around and starts sizing up the items in my cart. He is still dressed in his work uniform with Johnny on his shirt. Johnny appears to be in his late 50s with a big smile and hair as white as snow.

He offers,"Go ahead of me, I have more than you do."

"Thanks but no, I have to ring my stuff in as two separate orders so it will take longer." I am amazed. All I could think is, what a nice guy. Here I am in a hurry and a real gentleman is trying to help me out.

He insists, "No really, I don't mind. Please go ahead of me."

"Okay, I am not going to say no twice. Thank you that was so nice of you." His smile is ear-to-ear.

I reach down into the cart to get the chicken, when I realize Johnny wants me to jump more than the line.

"Something sure smells good, r-e-a-l good. I wouldn't mind sharing something that smells that good!"

I turn my head to see Johnny is mesmerized by my butt. He has no idea I am watching him, watching me.

"My husband wanted me to pickup a chicken for his supper." Johnny looks up and catches me looking at him. He just shrugs it off and informs me, "Walmart is a great place to pick stuff up." I grinned and tried not to laugh because he was right. I go there to pick stuff up all the time.

In the time it takes me to pay for the chicken Johnny has moved on and convinced another women to go ahead of him. As she pass me the chicken, the cashier informs me that Johnny has been in her line for almost an hour. Pay attention ladies:  good looking men who are not interested in bar hounds could be on the prowl in a Walmart near you just waiting for you to jump them in line. Johnny was working the express line (20 items or less), which doesn't seem like an indication for long-term relationship.

Happy Shopping!





No comments:

Post a Comment