Search This Blog

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Painting Tips

Spent today painting at the New Bern Shrine Club with some wonderful volunteers. We will be working on the transformation a couple more days. Look for our result photos later in the week. Painting today I realized I do a couple of things different than other do-it-yourselfers. Thought I would pass these ideas on to everyone.

Have you ever bought shed resistant roller covers that shed? I think everyone has. To reduce the amount of shedding use a lint brush roller on the cover before you start painting. The loose fibers will stick to the tape instead of your wall.

Do you have stubborn water stains you need to cover? I use a spray can of Kiltz Original oil base paint to cover all the stains before I prime and paint. It is easy to apply and doesn't destroy a perfectly good paint brush.

Happy Painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment